Hobbit FEAST & PARTY
Middle Earth Food, Poetry & Music
Do you have hairy feet? What about a long beard? I KNOW, you probably have a brightly colored waist-coat in the back of the closet.
This SUNDAY 12/8 @ 6pm Tickets: $12 advance, $15 day of the show: will include live poetry, music, HOBBIT BUFFET, Ent Draught… and a showing of The HOBBIT part 1
* $50 Prospero's gift certificate for hairiest hobbit feet
* $50 Prospero's gift Certificate for longest dwarf beard
* $50 Prospero's gift certificate for brightest waistcoat
* Middle Earth TRIVA – FREE Pocket Paperbacks
* DRAWING – pair of tickets to THE HOBBIT – The Desolation of Smaug
Cafe Caliban will be transformed into the Prancing Pony serving good, stout shire brew for an evening. Your admission will get you 1 mug of Ent Draught and a spread of food from Middle Earth:
* Farmer Maggot's Mushrooms
* Troll Mutton
* Galadriel's Lembas
* Cheese & Eggs & Cold Meats from Bilbo's Larder
* Beorn's Honey Cake
NOTE: Barliman Butterbur will be serving home-brewed ales as well as regional favorites
III. ENTERTAINMENT - LIVE performances of Poetry & music from the LOTR & Hobbit:
* Connie Dover – Galadriel’s Song (from Lothlorien)
* Mark Hennessy – Dwarf poems
* Will Leathem – BILBO’s verse: The Road Goes Ever On, and I Sit Beside the Fire and Think
* Dragon stories by Laura Packer
* ART SHOWING of fantastical art by Ladyelf Pendarian. Visit: www.facebook.com/ladyelf/photos
Following the party we will show the HOBBIT movie to whet our appetites for next week’s release of THE HOBBIT - Desolation of Smaug.
COST: $12 in advance $15 day of the show: includes food and a mug of Ent-draught (cash bar)
NEW evidence in JFK Assassination!
Available ONLY at Prospero's Uptown Books
50 years ago today, President John Fitzgerald Kennedy was executed in a hail of gunfire on Dealey Plaza in Dallas Texas. Since that day, our nation has searched for the truth behind the assassination.
Prospero’s & Conspiracy Publications is excited to announce the release of JFK, Absolute Proof by legendary assassination researcher, Robert Groden (350 pages, nearly 1,000 color photos). Cost: $75
Epic Filmmaker, Oliver Stone offered these words about JFK, Absolute Proof on Amy Goodman’s Democracy Now (11/5/13):
“Bob Groden has done the best photographic analysis…he has beenon this thing 30 years. He’s the best. Talk to the people who really have studied pathology, autopsied and photo evidence.” ~ Oliver Stone
For a limited time it is ONLY AVAILBLE anywhere in the world at Prospero’s Uptown Books (816) 931.2665 or firstname.lastname@example.org (and yes, Spartan Press helped edit, layout and bring this historic book to print).
NEVER BEFORE SEEN:
1) photos of the race to save Oswald’s life on the Parkland Hospital operating table
2) the 1st time publication in a book of the 'Smoking Gun” memo from CIA Director, John McCone, to U.S. Secret Service Chief, James Rowley, presenting written ‘offical’ admission that:
* Lee Harvey Oswald was trained and employed by the CIA and the ONI
* Lee Harvey Oswald did NOT kill JFK, and
* That President Kennedy was killed by persons “in the employ of this agency as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation…”
3) NEW, graphic, photographic proof a the 2nd deadly headshot to President Kennedy
4) Kennedy autopsy photographs
5) NEW, photographic evidence of the location of President Kennedy’s brain, which went missing following a curious, second autopsy that contradicted nearly ALL eye-witness and on-scene
NEW HOURS - Prospero's Uptown
Fall calls for early evening diners
NEW HOURS @ Prospero's Uptown Books (3600 Broadway / 816.931.2665)
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 6:30pm (We are open later any event night - become Facebook friends to keep up with all the events and happenings: https://www.facebook.com/ProsperosUptownBooks )
Prospero's Opens Uptown Store & Cafe!
Prospero's Uptown (Our 3rd location.) is open and running offering over 60,000 Books, Movies, LP's, CD's! Our hours are 10am - 5pm with extended hours for events and we are open late for every Uptown theater show. Bring your ticket stub from your show at the Uptown and receive 15% off any purchase that night!
Now serving Coffee, Teas & Cafe Food Items for all our events and our hours will be expanding soon!
Next Weeks Events:
Prospero's Uptown ( 1/27 - 2/1 )
Wed 1/30 YOGA (6:30pm) with Jessica Rousseau. Single class: $10, 4 classes: $32 ($8 each). SPECIAL: buy 1 and receive one a FREE guest pass!
Wed 1/30 LIVE POETRY (8:00pm) with John Dorsey, Bill Gainer & Alex Nielsen. What does one do when you learn that nationally know poet, John Dorsey (20 books, appearances in over 1,000 magazines and anthologies, multiple Pushcart nominations, friend of beat pet Gregory Corso). You invite him (and a couple of his friends) to read at Prospero's Uptown, that's what. Bill Gainer is a founding contributor to the "After Hours Poetry" movement. His poetry is influenced by the clarity, brevity and courage of Richard Brautigan and the storytelling of Tom Waits and William Kennedy. He has read with punk-rocker Patti Smith. Alex Nielsen hails from Cleveland Ohio where he is an instructor at Cleveland State U. $4 suggested donation.
Thurs 1/31 Eat Their Words: ROCK OF PAGES (7:00pm) , Local playwright Philip "Blue Owl" Hooser host a hilarious evening of spoken word comedy straight from the pages of celebrity bios by Tommy Lee, Celine Dion, Miley Cyrus, David Cassidy, Tori Amos, Janet & LaToya Jackson and more... $3 suggested donation
We Pay Cash
for Books, DVDs, LPs & CDs
Prospero's pays more cash than the competition! If we need it, chances are you will get more for your gently used books, DVDs, LPs than anywhere else. We also trade for in-stock items - receive trade credit worth up to 50% of what we'll resell your old books, DVDs & LPs for. We ask that your items be in good shape (no underlining or highlighting, must have dust jackets, no visible scratches...)
PROSPERO'S IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR:
1. Occult/Wiccan, Eastern Philosophy, and Philosophers (not surveys)
2. History - Modern editions of: Civil War, Local/Regional, world history
3. Authors & Books we're always looking for:
Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games) -- Daniel Woodrell (Winter's Bone) -- Candice Milard (River of Doubt & Destiny of the Republic) -- Edmund Morris (Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, Theodore Rex & Colonel Roosevelt)
more after the fold
Help us level the playingfield for Middle-American writers?
Write the Future
Uniquely Middle-American writing
Write the Future is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the literary arts. After two years of painstaking work, Write the Future is now a reality. A special thanks to all those who worked to make it so.
A Burning Passion for Books
Protest Attracts International Attenton (Thanks CNN & Stephen Colbert)
Q1: Why burn books?
A: As a cultural wake-up call.
Burning books is an inflammatory act. Books can contain our most sacred and valuable thoughts. The Nazis burned books to keep people from reading them. Prospero's burned books to incite you to read - by not reading, the culture is empowering forces like the Nazis. It's giving them exactly what they want without a fight.